Thursday, December 21, 2006

Dec 1st - The day before - Depositing Money in an ATM.

Should start from where it all started. Dec 1st around met up with Clair. Well most of you will know that it’s Salary Day the day ago. So had met her to repay cash borrowed. But First salary meant treat too. So we moved on to MG Road.Clair had to deposit money in her Standard Chartered ATM (hope Standard Charted pays for mentioning them here).
Okay there is comedy here. Depositing money in ATM’s is complex compared to Withdrawal. As for me, I learnt it the hard way.First we took Envelope, put cash in it and sealed it. As we were depositing with more than 20 Notes that Violates the Note limit, we had to redo the process. This advise came a little late from the security guy outside.So we cut out the Envelope and divided the cash into 2 Envelope and sealed them. We put the card inside and went to the Menu Options. Selected ‘Deposit Cash’, Entered the Amount. Got a Slip for the Same. Then the screen read 'Put the slip in the Envelope with Cash'.So we cut open the Envelope again. Had to redo the process, got new Envelopes and then got the slip. Put the slip in the Envelope, sealed it with the money. And then put it inside the Machine. Success, the screen read “Amount will be updated after verification”.
I told Clair “Its confusing the first time”. She gave a smart reply “This happens with me every time”. I was more into a laugh than taken aback. But that laugh didn’t last long cause as we got out of the ATM, we could see some faces that said, “Dumbo’s don’t know how to operate an ATM”. Well they would have laughed too if they came to know that we were Software Engineers. All I can say is that there is always a first time. Well now you guys know how to Deposit cash right. Well its okay if you mess up the first time. Better if you learn it the hard way.We had dinner and finally I decided that I too would join in the party. Well I never knew the fun that awaits me.

No comments: